Monday, September 13, 2010

Circle Time - Earthquake Stories

When the earthquake happened we got in the hallway. I asked my mum what it was she said it was an earthquake. We went in the hallway with blankets. Charlie

I threw my teddy up in the roof, when the ground shivered it fell down.

Jacob

When the earthquake was on some little sand volcanoes came out of the ground.

My mum said that there was nearly a sound volcano in my house. So we went to my friend Maria’s house. Her house didn’t shake lots, because it was a wood house with concrete.

James

At the school one of the windows is still broken. We went for a drive and we saw a hole that was big enough to put an ambulance in it. We went to a petrol station and the whole ground was lifted up. I have brought fluffy to school to look after me. Jasmine

The ground shakes side to side the two giant plates slip, it goes back down and make the ground shake. We went to Blenheim for two nights to get some sleep and have a rest.

Jamie

Our silo tipped over, there is heaps of grain on the silo. We need to get two more silos. Mine and Sophies wall has moved outside and we one big crack.

Ben

I am going to my Nana’s on the plane. I know what to do in the plane if there is an earthquake, do nothing. Because only the earth moves. You can’t feel it in the air. The plane would wobbly if we were on the ground.

Nikau

My cousin was crying up in Gisborne, they were worried about us. They thought we were hurt. Norton

Only one thing broke in my house. Just a glass candle holder.

Sam

My dog was shaking and my mum looked after my dog, she was under the table. Zoe

My big brother Nasi Manu scored a try for Canterbury hours before the earthquake and then he got injured.

Nasi (Junior)

When the crack happened my dad was crawling down the hallway and calling me and then Dad threw me to mum and my sister was walking around in her room and couldn’t find the doorway. All the food fell out of the pantry.

Raikyn

When the earthquake happened a chair was knocked down and we had to get out from under the table

Michael

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment